Migrating to Romania and further to EU.

Romania does have the legislative and institutional framework that should allow you to get familiarized with the characteristics of Romanian society and to feel part of this society. Social integration is the finished product of a multi-dimensional and on-going process of “the active participation of foreigners who have got a form of protection or a right of residence in Romania, in the economic, social and cultural life of Romanian society, with a view to preventing and combating social marginalization and adapting to the conditions provided by Romanian society
1 .” Social integration is about reaching four dimensions:
• Cultural (the level of knowledge of Romanian language, time spent in Romania, acquiring cultural values, etc.)
• Social (assessed through the existence of friends, mixed marriages, non-discriminatory attitude);
• Economic (the possibility to access the labour market, housing, education, health-care and other services);
• Public opinion (opinion about foreigners, social representation, the presence or absence of stereotypes, etc.)
The foreigners who have got the right of residence in Romania may benefit, upon request, from the following free services:
1. Courses of Romanian language, organized by the Ministry of Education in cooperation with the Romanian Immigration Office, which aims at „getting the participants familiarized with Romanian Language”
2. Cultural accommodation sessions 3. Information and counselling regarding foreigners’ rights in Romania and concrete means of exercising these rights.
Cultural accommodation sessions are aimed at helping foreigners get familiarized with the Romanian traditions, customs and values and providing them with practical information about Romanian society.”
3 These sessions are provided by the specialized staff of the Romanian Immigration Offices in facilities especially equipped within territorial centres, or can be subcontracted to NGOs. You may benefit from cultural accommodation sessions and Romanian language classes just once, in keeping with the legislation in force. For more details you can approach the territorial centres of the Romanian Immigration Office.
You can find the contact data of these centres at: http://ori.mai.gov.ro/formatiuni_teritoriale/index/ro We believe that a person is fully integrated into society if: he/she maintains social connections with the community members they identify with, with the members of the host society and with state institutions and has enough knowledge of language and culture to feel safe and perceive their own situation as being stable and resembling that of a citizen of the host country. Therefore, we hope you will find in this guide information that may account for a useful foundation for your getting adapted to Romanian society, understanding your situation in this country, the rights you can benefit from and the duties you have, and – why not – knowledge that will help you start the complex process of integration.
Getting the right of residence is the first step that you must take in order to be able to benefit from other rights, such as work, education, medical care, etc. It is important that, once you’ve been granted the right of residence, you check the date, on which it expires, for you to be able to submit the application for the extension of the residence permit, at least 30 days before its expiry.
Foreigners’ entering the country, residing in and leaving Romania, as well as their rights and obligations are regulated by EGO no. 194/2002 regarding the status of foreigners in Romania, updated under Law no. 157/20114 .
Foreigners’ employment in Romania is regulated by EGO no. 56/2007, updated by the same Law no. 157/2007. Romanian legislation defines the foreigner as being that person who does not have Romanian citizenship, the citizenship of an EU/EEA Member State, or the membership of the Swiss Confederation. If you are part of this category, then the following information is for you.
4. Information about entering and leaving Romania If you have a Romanian residence document you have the right to:
• Move freely within the country and set your domicile or residence whenever you like.
• Get in and out of the country during the period in which your residence document is valid.
• Have access to any type of public service, as provided by law. Also, you have the obligation to:
• Observe the Romanian legislation;
Observe the purpose for which you got the residence document;
• Notify the Romanian Immigration Office in case you get married/divorced, in case a member of your family is born or dies, or if you move to another address.
• Notify the Romanian Immigration Office if you change your passport or you get a new job. If you are in one of these situations, you must declare the change in your status within 30 days since the event occurs.
If you do not notify the ORI you may be sanctioned with a fine ranging from 100 to 500 RON. In order to be able to enter Romania you must make sure you have:
1. A border crossing document (e.g. passport, travel document, etc.), recognized by the Romanian state. If you are put down on the passport of another person, you will be able to get into the country only if accompanied by that person.
2. An entry visa or a valid residence permit issued by the Romanian Immigration Office or any other authorization that gives you the right to transit or stay in Romania.
3. documents attesting your means of subsistence in Romania (e.g. an amount of money in cash or a bank statement, an invitation letter attesting that your accommodation is provided or that you have a hotel room booked, etc.) if you enter Romania based on a visa. Proof of means of subsistence is not an obligation for those who have a residence permit or are members of a Romanian citizen’s family. In case you are denied the right to enter Romania, you will get a written document, in which the refusal is well reasoned. If you cannot leave the country right away, the Border Police will provide temporary accommodation in the transit area or in a centre that has the same status, until the moment you can leave, but no longer than 24 hours.
It is recommended that, when you exit Romania, you use the same travel document you used when you last entered the country, bearing the entry stamp and / or the visa you got from the Romanian embassy or consulate abroad. If you have changed your documents in the meantime, we recommend you keep the old travel documents too, in case they are requested.

Open chat
Powered by